Checklist for a Safe/Successful Cleanup:
- Wear gloves and/or use a nabber grabber/trash picker stick (eg. An Unger Nifty Nabber)
- Wear closed toe shoes
- Consider appropriate clothing to protect yourself from poison ivy, ticks, sun…
- Do NOT pick up any needles, anything sharp (or drug related)
- Do not move anything heavy or that can’t fit into a garbage bag
- If you are not sure if you should pick it up, don’t!
- Have fun meeting your neighbors, you’ll find they care as much as you do! 🙂
For a more complete list of safety tips, go here.