Upcoming: Generational Injustice + Act Now
Sunday, August 3 at 9:30 am
Unitarian Church, 404 Concord Ave. Belmont
*See Calendar list for details
Take Action on Solar Now
MLAB is accepting comments from the public through Aug 15. View & submit a modifiable form letter prepared by advocates of residential solar in Belmont. Please submit this form letter by July 31. Please check back soon to review an extended, detailed comment letter prepared by a group of residents closely following this issue. All residents will be invited to sign this, too.
The Future of Solar in Belmont is at Stake
On June 19th, Belmont’s Municipal Light Advisory Board proposed a new net metering policy which will render future residential solar PV attainable only by the most wealthy. The new policy fails to adequately recognize the positive benefits that small, residential installations have on the environment and steps to attaining the town’s climate plan resolution.
Read more about Solar at Stake in Belmont:
- Read a primer on the existing and proposed policies
- Read MLAB’s detailed proposal provided on June 19, 2014.
- View Belmont Media Center recording of June 19 public hearing.
- Browse additional resources.
Save the Date – September 7th:
The Green Garden Tour!!
- The Green Communities Application.
- Safe Routes to Schools Community Working Group
- Stay connected on the Belmont CommUNITY Path
- Reduce plastic bags with getmyeco.com
- Stormwater Working Group (update pending)
- Energy Working Group – local policy issues with Belmont Light and the Town Energy Committee (update pending)